Terumo Interventional Oncology Division presents Occlusafe, an occlusive Balloon Microcatheter.
Through Pressure Gradient Effect, Occlusafe as Balloon Microcatheter, offers the ability to redistribute blood flow and access the microcirculation, leading to an increased accumulation of therapeutics into the target lesion with less off-target embolization. This may be associated with improved clinical outcomes in challenging lesions3.
Lesions with a diameter larger than 3 cm could potentially have lower complete response rates after the initial TACE treatment due to poor uptake of embolic. Multiple or combined treatments are required to reach a complete response8,9.
Through Pressure Gradient Effect, Balloon Occlusion with Occlusafe offers the ability to redistribute blood flow and access the microvascular circulation, leading to an increased accumulation of therapeutics into the target lesion1 with less off-target embolization2.
Balloon Occlusion with Occlusafe allows a better visualization for improved diagnosis and higher uptake of embolic agents into the target lesion1.
Terumo excellence in lesion access technology guarantees for precision and accuracy in navigation through complex vessel anatomies7.
Lucatelli et al. BMC Gastroenterology(2021)
*Including connector (hub) part
Please quote above item reference codes when placing an order.
1. Irie Toshiyuki (2013): Dense accumulation of lipiodol emulsion in hepatocellular carcinoma nodule during selective balloon-occluded transarterial chemoembolization: measurementof balloon occlude arterial stump pressure. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. DOI: 10.1001/s00270-012-0476-z
2. Terumitsu Hasebe; Minimally Invasive Therapy & Allied Technologies. 2015 Apr;24(2):94-100. doi: 10.3109/13645706.2014.951657. Epub 2014 Sep 29. PubMed.
3. Hriotaka Arai: Hepatology Research (2015): Safety and efficacy of balloon-occluded trancatheter arterial chemoembolization using miriplatin for hepatocellular carcinoma; 45. 663-666
4. Takayasu K, Muramatsu Y, Maeda T, Iwata R, Furukawa H, Muramatsu Y, Moriyama N, Okusaka T, Okada S, Ueno H. Targeted transarterial oily chemoembolization for small foci of hepatocellular carcinoma using a unified helical CT and angiography system: analysis of factors affecting local recurrence and survival rates. AJR Am J Roentgenol 2001; 176: 681-688 [PMID: 11222205 DOI: 10.2214/ajr.176.3.1760681]
5. Hayashi K, Ina H, Tezuka M, Okada Y, Irie T. Local therapeutic results of computed tomography-guided transcatheter arterial chemoembolization for hepatocellular carcinoma: results of 265 tumors in 79 patients. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2007; 30: 1144-1155 [PMID: 17909884 DOI: 10.1007/s00270-007-9169-4]
6. Hatanaka T, Arai H, Shibasaki M, Tojima H, Takizawa D, Toyoda M, Takayama H, Abe T, Sato K, Kakizaki S, Yamada M. Factors predicting overall response and overall survival in hepatocellular carcinoma patients undergoing balloon-occluded transcatheter arterial chemoembolization: A retrospective cohort study. Hepatol Res 2018; 48: 165-175 [PMID: 28500686 DOI: 10.1111/hepr.12912]
Data on files. Reference OS-003. Terumo Europe NV.
7. Data on files. Reference OS-003. Terumo Europe NV. * vs. standard micro catheter
8. Lammer et al. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol (2010) 33:41–52
9. Lencioni et al. Semin Intervent Radiol. 2013 Mar; 30(1): 3–11
Our sales representatives are here for you.
Thank you for contacting us!
We typically respond within 2 business days and will come back to you as soon as possible.
Radifocus™ Guide Wire M Non-Vascular
Radifocus™ Introducer II Radiopaque Marker Kit C
Radifocus™ Guide Wire M Standard Type
Didn't find your product?
This webpage can include promotional content regarding one or several products of Terumo Europe, or some procedures concerning the use or implantation of such products. This webpage is exclusively intended for healthcare professionals and is in no event directed to the general public
For Pharmaceutical Professionals interested in our B2B products portfolio, please visit Terumo Pharmaceutical Solutions.
This is HCP only content
website and cannot be refused. Other cookies are only placed if you choose to do so. For further information, please read our cookies policy.
Essential cookies to ensure the website functions well.
Cookies to help us measure the general use of our website.
Cookies that save personal information while browsing.