The Capiox® NX19 oxygenator with UltraPrime™ Technology is our smallest, most advanced fullsize adult oxygenator to date. Building on Terumo’s oxygenator legacy, the Capiox® NX19 oxygenator features high gas transfer utilizing new proprietary hollow fiber, enhanced gaseous microemboli (GME) removal technology, and a highly efficient heat exchanger that delivers the standard of safety1 and performance that you trust from Terumo.
By uniquely combining materials and technologies engineered to deliver Ultra performance, the Capiox® NX19 oxygenator is everything you expect in a fullsize oxygenator with the benefit of the lowest prime volume available2.
Smaller hollow fiber with high efficiency
Lower priming volume
Less foreign surface area
Pre-heat-exchanger air removal technology
Proven self-venting technology and integrated arterial filter
Prime AssistTM feature
Min. 2.0 L/min (or 0.5L/min for up to 2 hours)
Max. 8.0 L/min
Xcoating™ Surface Coating, Terumo Corporation's biocompatible amphiphilic polymer surface coating, is a standard feature on the Capiox® NX19 Oxygenator with UltraPrime™ Technology.
Capiox® NX19 Oxygenator comes in two configurations. Place the blood outlet port facing forward as indicated in the photo. The blood inlet port orientation is (W)est – LEFT or (E)ast – RIGHT side.
Capiox® NX19 Oxygenator with Integrated Arterial Filter and UltraPrimeTM Technology
1. Gomez D et al. Evaluation of air handling in a new generation neonatal oxygenator with integral arterial fi lter Perfusion 2009; 24:107-112.
2. Internal testing, data on file.
3. Murphy GJ et al. Increased mortality, postoperative morbidity, and cost after red blood cell transfusion in patients having cardiac surgery. Circulation 2007; 116:2544-2552.
4. Ranucci M et al. Effects of priming volume reduction on allogeneic red blood cell transfusions and renal outcome after heart surgery. Perfusion 2015; 30:120-126.
5. Ranucci M et al. Acute kidney injury and hemodilution during cardiopulmonary bypass: a changing scenario. Ann Thorac Surg. 2015; 100:95-100.
6. Day JR, Taylor KM. The systemic infl ammatory response syndrome and cardiopulmonary bypass. Int J Surg. 2005; 3:129-140.
7. Barak M, Katz Y. Microbubbles: pathophysiology and clinical implications. Chest 2005; 128:2918-2932.
Our sales representatives are here for you
Terumo® Advanced Perfusion System 1
UV Treo™ Advanced Temperature Management System
CAPIOX® Arterial Filter
NONIN SenSmart™ Model X-100
Didn't find your product?
This webpage can include promotional content regarding one or several products of Terumo Europe, or some procedures concerning the use or implantation of such products. This webpage is exclusively intended for healthcare professionals and is in no event directed to the general public
This is HCP only content