The FemoSeal vascular closure device uses 3 bioabsorbable components to actively seal the arteriotomy:
Two bioabsorbable polymer discs
SutureHemostasis is achieved by sealing the arteriotomy between the two discs, which are held together by bioabsorbable sutures complete with friction lock
Fast, effective, easy to use
Rapid hemostasis and early ambulation
1. Thread the FemoSeal device over the guidewire and insert the sheath and dilator into the artery
2. Detach the safety catch with dilator and guidewire. When the FemoSeal safety catch with dilator has been retracted a few centimeters (2-4 cm), blood should appear in the proximal part of the sheath, verifying that the sheath is in the artery.
3. Deploy the inner disc by pressing down the button completely in one continuous movement
4. Pull back the FemoSeal device until the depressed button springs back. The inner disc establishes hemostasis. Maintain suture tension while deploying the outer locking disc by completely pressing down the button again.
5. Remove the FemoSeal device. Verify hemostasis.
6. After verification, cut the suture below skin level using a sterile instrument. Clean puncture site and apply a sterile dressing so that it can easily be observed during recovery.
1 SCAAR Registry 2009.2 Schulz-Schupke S, Helde S, Gewalt S, et al. Comparison of Vascular Closure Devices vs Manual Compression After Femoral Artery Puncture The ISAR-CLOSURE Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2014;312(19):1981-7.